New Requirements for Consignors
The National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) produces three premier reining horse sales each year during the NRHA Futurity & Adequan North America Affiliate Championship Show in Oklahoma City: the NRHA / Markel Insurance Breeders Showcase, Marketplace and Futurity Prospect Sales.
These sales offer an outstanding group of 2-year-old reining prospects, yearlings, stallions, broodmares, and show horses from leading breeders, owners, and trainers. From the crack of the gavel until the last horse exits the sale arena, hot bidding ensues and the world’s top reining horses change hands each year.
The deadline for consigning to the 2013 NRHA / Markel Insurance Futurity Sales is August 15.
Items Due by August 15
- Video required for selection in Breeders Showcase and Futurity Prospect Sales
- Consignment form
- Consignment fee (unless accompanied by the Payment Agreement form and deducting from sale proceeds)
- Breed registration papers (originals required if deducting from sale proceeds, $25 processing fee if received after August 15 and by September 1)
- (Please note: If consignment fees are paid by August 15, original breed registration paper(s) and transfer(s) may be submitted at a later date.)
General Information on the NRHA / Markel Insurance Sales
- Sale dates: Breeders Showcase (December 5), Marketplace (December 6), Futurity Prospect (December 7)
- NEW for Breeders Showcase Sale: Radiographs (taken within 45 days of the sale) for yearlings and show horses must be received on or before December 1
- Futurity Prospect Sale: Radiographs (taken within 45 days of the sale) must be received on or before December 1
- Consignment fees: Breeders Showcase ($600), Marketplace ($500), Futurity Prospect ($750)
- Commission on final bid: Breeders Showcase (8%), Marketplace (8%), Futurity Prospect (9%)
- Pass out fee: Breeders Showcase ($400), Marketplace ($200), Futurity Prospect (9% on final bid)
More about the Sales
All sales are managed by NRHA staff with the support and direction from the NRHA Sale Committee. The quality and integrity of the NRHA/Markel Insurance Futurity Sales is reflected in the graduates of the previous sales – they have won millions in NRHA earnings since the first 2-year olds sold in 1993.
For more information on the NRHA / Markel Insurance Sales, please contact Tiffany Gonzales at (405) 946-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long-standing Corporate Partner Markel Insurance has continued their support for over 20 years with NRHA. Known for providing immediate 24-hour “Fall of the Hammer” mortality coverage to sale consignments, Markel is proud to be a sponsor of the NRHA/Markel Insurance Futurity Sales, which include the Breeders Showcase Sale, Marketplace Sale and Futurity Prospect Sale. Markel has expanded to “Global Partner” status with going international in supporting the NRHA European Futurity, Derby and Affiliate Championships.
Photo by Dawn Baxstrom. Photo available on request.